ForkLifting Buying Guide
Navigate Your Next Purchase with Confidence: Our Forklift Buying Guide Offers Unbeatable Insights for Making the Right Choice!
Allied Forklifts: The Ultimate Guide to Buying the Right Forklift for Your Business
Choosing the right forklift is critical for the efficiency and safety of your operations. This comprehensive guide aims to simplify this complex process, outlining essential factors you should consider.
The Fundamental Basics
Forklifts are versatile workhorses, essential in a variety of business settings. Their specifications can be tailored to your needs, but understanding the core attributes is vital for making an informed decision.
The primary factor to consider is the forklift’s load capacity. Understanding the dimensions, weight, and nature of the materials you will be handling enables you to determine the suitable lifting capacity. Also, be mindful of the load center, commonly set at distances of 500mm, 600mm, or 1200mm depending on the forklift size.
Operating Height and Space
Your operational environment significantly affects your choice. Whether you’ll be using the forklift indoors, outdoors, in narrow aisles, or in areas with height restrictions, ensure the forklift’s dimensions are suitable for your space.
- Pneumatic Tyres: Ideal for uneven outdoor surfaces.
- Puncture Proof / Solid Tyres: Ideal for industries where the risk of tyre damage is higher
- Rough Terrain Tyres: Used for heavy-duty, all-terrain applications.
Fuel Type: Cost and Efficiency
- Electric: Ideal for indoor use, zero emissions, lower long-term costs. Newer units have increased weather protection for outdoor use.
- Diesel/Petrol/LPG/Dual: Traditionally more powerful, better for outdoor use but entail higher ongoing costs.
Newer models often come with technologies that lower emissions and improve fuel efficiency, although they may have a higher initial cost.
Compliance and Safety
Australia’s workplace safety standards are stringent. Choose a trusted local dealer to ensure that your forklift meets all regulations. Make sure operators are licensed and well-trained.
Advanced Features and Attachments
- Sideshift: Allows for lateral movement of the fork carriage in addition to vertical lifting.
- Fork Positioning: Allows for hydraulic movement of Fork width, saving time and improving safety
- Container Masts: Essential for operations requiring low clearance heights.
You can further customise your forklift with various attachments like clamps, man cages, and jibs, based on your unique needs.
Where to Start Your Search: Let Allied Forklifts Guide You
When you’re ready to start your search for the perfect forklift, you don’t have to go it alone. Allied Forklifts is here to assist you every step of the way. We are a trusted local dealer committed to guiding you through the selection process, tailored to your unique requirements and budget. Explore a wide range of options, with custom built options directly from the manufacturer available. With Allied Forklifts, you’re not just buying a machine; you’re investing in a partnership aimed at finding the best solution for your business.